Friday, May 21, 2010

"I didn't know you could get mulch delivered!"

General rule of thumb...when someone offers you a gift - take it. Dad bought mulch, had extra, and offered the rest of it to us. We took it and were able to mulch our flower beds in the front yard as well as on the side. Our neighbor Theresa said, "We were debating getting mulch this year because it's such a hassle. I look outside and you guys are getting it dumped in your flower bed. I thought, 'I didn't know you could get mulch delivered.' Then I realize that's your dad. I swear you two have the best parents in the world. Seriously! And you can tell them I said that!" So, we weeded our front beds, moved some hostas out (we have tons) there and then weeded and mulched the sides as well. Mulch makes it look good! -T

Always gotta get the "before" picture.
Weeds

More weeds (and a plant to be planted)

I'm not allowed to come in the house until the job is done. This picture was taken at 2:30a.m...on a timer since I was out there by myself.

It was worth it though, eh?

If only it stayed looking like this.

We've been told we have a "gold mine" in our backyard because of the amount of hostas we have. These were just the random ones scattered in weird places in the backyard that we moved to the front.
We were able to get the mulch to extend to the sides.
This bush really didn't bloom at all last year.

This is as far on this side of the house we got the mulch to cover...not just a picture of our AC.

Lilly of the Valley

Done!

No comments:

Post a Comment