Sunday, May 2, 2010

Kitchen Day 27 - Floor and Functionality

I got home from work and Lindsey and I worked on the floor from about 4:30 until Brian arrived at 8:30 to hook the sink and dishwasher up. Lindsey made yet another Home Depot run for plumber's putty and for a part for the dishwasher. I felt bad about sending her out so late, but she got to flirt with her Home Depot boyfriend so she got her reward. Brian finished just after 11:00. Oh the joyous sound of running water! The great thing was...no drips under the sink! After Brian left, we got back to work on the floor and got to bed at 1 a.m.


We don't get more pictures of Lindsey because she's so darn cute and takes away from the beauty of the kitchen.

Lindsey was holding down the floor so we could poke the hole for the water line to the refrigerator. Of course, she wanted her ring in the picture as well. -T

Yes, but the reason we took this picture (besides to show off my hair situation) was to show what I used to hold the floor down. Todd was in the basement screwing up with a drill, and asked me to push on the floor to hold it in place. Are you kidding me? I wasn't about to put my hands anywhere near that thing. Not to mention that from up above I couldn't even see where the screw was going to surface. Seriously, you want me to hold this down?!?! So this was my brain-over-brawn moment. -L


I moved the refrigerator back to its proper spot. I didn't even bang into anything and dent something!

I did get some pushing* help. See what I mean though about being too cute. You won't look at the rest of the kitchen in this picture because you're looking at the hot girl doing something weird with a plug. -T
*This is the evidence to show that the "pushing" was just leaning back very comfortably as Todd pulled. I didn't push!! I think we'd both get in trouble for that. (And yes, this is also evidence of me holding the cord out of the way, and again my amazing hair.) -L

The floor isn't turning out too bad!

The door doesn't fit anymore.

Good work, Brian! Pipes! You can't tell, but the dishwasher is on as well.

For some reason sinks look better with a faucet. Oh, see the hand soap dispenser on the left? The first thing done after Brian left was that thing being filled. Guess by who?

I can't stick my hands through anymore when I'm bored! Well, I could somewhat with the one on the right...I'm not recommending it though.

Almost there with the floor!

It's almost 1 a.m., we have GOT to go to bed!

It looks good though!

Yes, I know there is a piece missing.

No comments:

Post a Comment