Saturday, July 10, 2010

They're Glad Georgia's On Our Mind

We had a really fun time with Lindsey's family. I'll let the pictures and video do the talking(but of course I'll comment). -T

Welcome to Vacation!

See...told ya

I have no idea what this bridge was, but I thought it was way cool looking!

I wanted to be the mermaid, but after much arguing...I let Maddie do it.

Burying Kylee

Kylee: "Let me up!"

Lindsey The Instigator: "NO! You WILL stay down there!"
(I was wiping the sand off of her mouth for her! -L)


I had to be the nice one and build her a pillow at least

Everyone realizes that Maddie isn't our kid, right? This girl seems to make it in every picture!

The making of Sleeping Beauty

This face looks a lot funnier than it really was. She's not scared...she just wanted to see better. "Maddie, you're SLEEPING Beauty, you're supposed to act like you're asleep!"

There ya go!
Let's give it up for our good sports!

I don't know WHAT Lindsey is doing here...trying to fly?
I think she's just standing around making fun of people.
Maybe she should just have a seat next to Grandma G-Money, those waves were no place for a pregnant person!

Spjut's caught in waves

Finally, it took me almost three days to see a Confederate Flag! I can't believe I drove all the way through the state of South Carolina without seeing one!
In this video...Lindsey was trying to figure out the record so don't mind the close-ups of the water. I believe I am in this video. The point is to show the size and strength of the waves. With one particular wave (not shown in video), I thought my life was over...an excerpt from my journal...
"I tried to jump a wave, realized I wasn’t going to make it and got pummeled. I went to push off the bottom and couldn’t find it with my feet. At this point I opened my eyes because I didn’t know where I was. All I saw was darkness and sand rushing past my face and I wondered if this was it. Soon after though, I did see a light. I wasn’t sure if it was the daylight or my calling light, but I swam toward it. It ended up being the daylight. The whole thing was probably less than 10 seconds, but it certainly felt longer. Lindsey didn’t like the story."




Well...look at this disaster

Human totem pole!

I took one for the team here and put a picture in with my eyes closed. I had other options, but in this one I think Maddie is yelling with excitement "Todd's belly button." I know it's not pictured here, but my belly button was a HUGE hit on this trip! Oh, and a side note...the second best picture I had my eyes closed as well.
We played games too...this one is called..."How many people can you cram on one bed and still hit a balloon?"

Maddie wasn't the only one worn out
Even as a parent when you DO finally get a chance to take a nap, people do stuff like this!

Audrey shout-out! You'll be big enough to join in more of the fun next year! Maybe you'll even like my belly button too!

Note: Some stories in this blog post may have been altered, exaggerated, or just plain made up and lied about.

No comments:

Post a Comment