Sunday, July 24, 2011

Spjut Family Reunion - Day 1: The Unexpected

With the exception of Sister Jackie Spjut(current faithful servant of the Lord), Lindsey's family came altogether for the first time since our wedding day. Getting together with family always creates some unpredictability; however, no one could have ever predicted how this day unfolded. -T



The day started normal and it was great for Mae to meet the aunts, uncles, and cousins she had never met. Then, we needed something from the trunk...and everything changed.


Scenario: The trunk won't open electronically, the key doesn't work either, the latches to lay down the back seat are in the trunk, and you're going to need your wallet that's in there soon...what do you do?

A) Take it to the dealer, B) Call AAA to have them tell you to take it to a locksmith but it's a weekend and a holiday weekend so it's going to cost a ton, C) Go to the fire department D) Jiggle the key in the lock a bunch in hopes of a miracle, E) Read the owner's manual, F) At least consider taking it to a bad neighborhood to get some advice, G) Stick a pole through the seats in hopes of a different miracle (pictured below), H) All of the Above, or I) All of the Above and do something else?
Alright then..."I" it is...and we went to the pool



Mae's first swim
She liked it...she liked kicking her legs especially
She has fun with everyone...not that Aunt Kylee isn't fun, she just really has fun with everyone



Okay...next set of attempts - Seat out...check. I then had bruising later from on top of my hand and down my forearm with my desperate attempts to get my wallet out through a very small space. It was in my bag which I did finally get a hanger to pull it to the back of the trunk! That in itself made me so proud! However, I couldn't get my wallet out of it!


Even the smallest wrists had a hard time maneuvering.


Lindsey now knows what it feels like to be on the doctor's end of child birth.
Eventually, the bolts of the seat were taken off and I got my bag out! My wallet!





I got shoes, baby!





Then, we got greedy...we sent in Kylee to pull the latch for the backseats since that part of the seat was still attached

We got everything out and then sent Linsdey in.


"Hey, Lindsey...what's broken in there?"
Nothing. All it was was a special latch that had been flipped somehow.
So why didn't the key work? Well, the key Lindsey uses is the valet key. She never has needed a key to get in because she's always done it electronically.




So, could a day spent trying to break into our own trunk been avoided if we had the "spare" key sitting at home?




Sure could.

No comments:

Post a Comment