Sunday, April 11, 2010

Kitchen Day 19 Part 2 - If anything in here was even, it would be uneven

Fa la la la la our Christmas present arrived...Brian. Our great Christmas present this year from Beth and Brian was help to put up our cabinets. We started with the corner cabinet. The space at the top is big because the soffits are, putting it mildly, off. Let's do the math on this one, since the original builders probably couldn't figure this one out on there own:



Total time spent putting cabinets up = 2 Hours 30 Minutes
Number of Cabinets put up = 2
Average amount of time putting each cabinet up = 1 Hour 15 Minutes



So, my job was to hold the cabinet up. It wasn't what I would call the most fun that I've had. You know that game where you push really hard to both walls of a door way, release after 30 seconds, and then watch your arms raise up on their own? Well, that's almost exactly how this was...except it was like 10 minutes and they don't raise up after 10 minutes they just crash to the floor. Lindsey did a good job encouraging me. I wouldn't say it really helped, but it did make me smile. We tried to put up another cabinet, but the soffit was about a half inch lower from one end of the cabinet to the other. So a decision had to be made. Since it was 11:30 and my arms were still lying on the ground...Lindsey sent everyone to bed. So anyway, by night's end - 2 cabinets down 14 to go! - T

The cabinets came down in a hurry - 3 cabinets down - 26.7 seconds...2 cabinets up - 2 Hours 15 Minutes, 54.9 Seconds. I think I'd rather do demolition.

I wouldn't let Lindsey take my picture struggling, so you just get the end result, but please don't look at the tops of the cabinets, look at the bottom instead! Top=Issues, Bottom=Even
Booo on the 3rd cabinet!
Our cabinets don't really match very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment