Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Age is Cruel

Thanksgiving is always the last day until April that I run.  This year was no different.  But after my final run and running very well for me at 3 miles, I decided to see if I could break a 6 minute mile running just 1 mile.  SURELY, I could!  I mean 13 years ago wasn't THAT long ago when I could run in the 4's!  6 minutes - 1:30 per lap - no problem!  Oh on the contrary.  Even with an outstanding cheering section, I could not pull it off when we went to Loveland's track.  Sad sad times.  My only excuse is that it was REALLY cold and windy.  I ran a 1:15 first lap and that wasn't very bright.  6:10.  BUT, just like old times, I DID puke all over the place afterwards. Maybe next year? -T

It's better to show the cheering section

Happy even though it was FREEZING!

Mae was nice enough to say after this, "Daddy, go go fast."  At least somebody thinks so!

No comments:

Post a Comment