Sunday, October 9, 2011

A Vacation From My Problems!

I decided with basketball season approaching, a time when things never get done, as well as needing time away from everything and everyone at the office, that I would take a week off. So, I made a big list of things to get done. The project I knew would take the most time, as well as the biggest toll on my body was clearing out the area around our pine tree. When I started, I didn't think if I took the entire year off that I could get it done, but with some help from Lindsey and absolutely no help from Mae, it got done! My hands and hamstrings were also done. -T


Total disaster...and this is AFTER I spent a few hours on it already moving the logs that were on the edge of it


I wish I would have taken a picture before I moved all the logs because it made it that much more overwhelming



Better perspective here of what we were dealing with



Meanwhile, at our own personal pumpkin patch...Mae was getting her fun on

Careful...those leaves are sharp!


Better than waiting for brush pickup day


Still enyjoing herself...for now

We really are excited that we got pumpkins to grow

Mae seems to really love them


Mae: "Hey Mom! Look how funny I am!"


"Mom! I'm funnier than you are!"



(Mom searches around to prove Mae is NOT funnier...this picture BARELY shows what Mom will do next)



Mom: "Who's the funniest in the family, Mae!?"


Mom: "That's right...Mom is! Who's laughing now!"


Okay, so that's not TOTALLY what happened. Mae was actually the one who found a rotten tomato and Mae was actually the one who squirted her face with it...Mom, unfortunately, didn't think this was funny at all. That's actually not true...she thought it was funny enough to take a couple pictures of it.






Back to the other side of the yard (Lindsey was able to help with it by the way, she didn't spend the ENTIRE project taking pictures)



The green left in the front are hostas - not weeds

The green in the back is on the other side of the fence



Satisfying

No comments:

Post a Comment