Sunday, September 26, 2010

Starved for Attention

With Lindsey being pregnant and getting to go get stitches a few months ago, I think I felt a little jealous. Well, nothing a slice to the knee can't fix! Dad gathered a crew (Dale, Brian, me, and him) to put a metal roof on Grandpa's garage. The metal sheets were too long so I had the job to cut them shorter with shears and then hand them to Brian who was at the bottom of the roof and then he would screw in the bottom while Dad screwed in the top and the middle (he was on the top of the roof). Dale had not arrived from work yet. It was a GREAT system for about 30 minutes. As I was pulling off one sheet of metal to cut the next one, I slipped on a little lip in the grass and pulled the metal sheet right across the inside of my left knee. It hurt, but only like a paper cut would. Unfortunately, it was not like a paper cut. I saw the scratch and then was able to open up the side of my knee and see inside and as we all know Todd and insides of bodies don’t mix well. After a very brief feeling of light-headedness, I drove myself to urgent care, met Lindsey there, got 8 stitches, got a tetanus shot, and that was that.

The good news? I got some attention finally! =)
The bad news? I can't exercise for 10-12 days...8 weeks straight of motivation totally down the tubes!

This is a really close shot of it...you can see it's more deep than wide. That must be a needle the doctor stuck in to show the size of the wound. Oh no...whoops...I'm not sure how a fence hole picture got into this post!

We didn't really have a shot of it before the stitches since I was out on the job

Wounds are supposed to be gross! All mine looks like is a scratch with stitches in it!

All the attention I got just makes me look ultimately look like a wuss...seriously, a scratch with 8 stitches in it. I PROMISE it really did need stitches and I could really see inside past the skin! I'm not lying just for the attention!

No comments:

Post a Comment