Sunday, August 8, 2010

Table For Two Please!

I saw a picture a few months ago that a friend posted on Facebook of a meal she attempted and made successfully. It was Cajun Chicken Fettucini Alfredo...one of my favorite meals(I used to get the Blackened Cajun Chicken Sandwich at Friday's until they stopped making it, the Cajun Pasta at Chili's (amazing), and many times some sort of Alfredo dish at other restaurants that have it). I asked her for the recipe when I saw it and it was very detailed and complicated because she got the recipe from Guy Fieri on the Food Network Channel. It was way out of my league. So, I brought in reinforcements to make it - Lindsey, my meal supervisor/instructor, and my good ol' mama to help define some terms. In the end...it turned out great! At the end, we even decided to make it a candlelit dinner. -T

Ingredients do not include bleach
So...preheat oven blah blah blah...okay, here we go..."Dredge the chicken breasts in the blackening spice..." Wait...dredge? This is us dredging!

"Blacken both sides of the chicken..." No problem!

"Roughly chop marinated sun-dried tomatoes..." Check! (and notice our newest purchase in the background - kid dishes!)

"Slice chicken in strips on the bias..." Apparently...it means diagonal.

To me it means "slanty."

"Deglaze the pan with white wine." Dewhat the who with what? Okay, our intrepation of it...pour a little water in it.

Ah yes...deglazing with clear water.

It actually looks like it might taste good!

Schlensker party of two your table (and meal) is ready!

I think it looks like a restaurant!

We got our greens(from our garden), bread(homemade by Lindsey), scallions (which come to find out is just green onions)...seriously, very restaurant-esque!

Why do we keep taking pictures and are not eating yet!?

Our candlelit dinner for two! =)

Okay, now, who's gonna clean it up?

No comments:

Post a Comment